EPS, expandable polystyrene, is an excellent solution to customer's packaging or product needs when:
- Shock and vibration damping is needed in the logistics chain. Air-filled cells in EPS absorb shocks and vibration and ensure that the packaged product remains undamaged during transport.
- The packaged product needs to be isolated from cold or heat. The air in the closed cell structure forms an effectively working insulation from cold or heat. This feature is used for example, in the food industry EPS packaging, and construction industry EPS thermal insulation.
- There is a need for a food contact approved protective transport packaging. Clean and hygienic EPS does not work as a growth base for micro-organisms.
- Possibility to modify the properties of EPS packaging or product is needed. The wide density range of EPS enables modification of the technical characteristics and the mechanical strength of the package or product.
- Specific properties of an EPS product are needed. The construction industry has its own thermal insulation materials and for other customers fire-sensitive products flame-retardant materials are available.