EPP, expandable polypropylene, is an excellent solution to customer's packaging or product needs when:
- An effective shock and vibration protection for an electronics- or metal industry product is needed. The excellent energy absorption properties of EPP can be used in transportation packages for both sensitive and heavy equipment. EPP will revert back to its original shape after repeated hits.
- Protection against electrostatic discharge is needed during shipping. Dissipative EPP fits perfectly as a packaging material for the electronics industry thanks to its controlled electrical conductivity.
- Mechanical long-term durability is needed in logistics. The density of EPP can be varied according to use. High density EPP packages can be used eg. as returnable packages for components or in food transport.
- Good chemical resistivity is needed. EPP is very resistant to various chemicals and oil.
- High thermal resistivity is needed. Multiple-time use EPP packages can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Good insulation properties are needed. In EPP packages warm stays warm and cold stays cold.
- Better fire-retardant properties of the material are needed.